Monday, December 5, 2011

Hell Week Day 1: Episode 3

Episode 3: In which I make Significant Progress and compare Mario Levels to Hell Week

So I'm at about 3.5 pages. Only a little over a 5th done... but still... considering what my last hour and half was like (see episode 2) another 2.5 pages is a good run. It took a little longer than I would have liked, but of course,  I did have a couple distractions (courtney called, and I had to pee) but I overall I think I'm doing fine, I had a minor freak out when I realized that I only had 3 pages done and still needed 12 more and didn't know if I had 12 pages worth of stuff to talk about... (I tend to write rather concise... academic writing that is.) but i calmed myself down when I realized I still hadn't gotten to the meat of my argument yet, and still hadn't added in my source material. So I think right now that I'll be fine. Once I get to a point in this paper where I feel like I'm comfortable I need to hop on over to the FA so i can practice my music so I don't freak out tomorrow or look like an idiot during my jury on Wednesday. I'm still not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... but at least i'm not standing at the beginning  looking in with terror anymore. I need to be Mario here and jump onto the scary box that looks like it might fall into the lava and just make my way towards the end of this level as fast as I can...

Also... I got work off tomorrow which is another couple of hours to work on everything before I go out to dinner with Jared for his birthday. So that is another HUGE weight lifted off my shoulder. You'd be surprised how much those 5 hours are going to help me.

Back to the paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment