Friday, January 7, 2011

Bad Choices.

I seem to have this strange obsession with reading a book the second after I bought it. Normal you say...there's more. If it's the first in a new series I HAVE to start reading it, if it's the first of a series that has been out for a while (maybe even the 2nd and 3rd books are out too) I put it on the self to read later. Now what sense does that make I ask you?!? None! The past three books that I read are Matched by Ally Condie, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White and Unearthly by Cynthia Hand.All new releases, all series with books that aren't released until at earliest...November. Sigh. When deciding what I wanted to read after Paranormacly I gave myself three options: Unearthly (the one I chose), The book that came out 5 days ago, is the first in a series, and in which book 2 comes out next JANUARY. Second Choice: Wondrous Strange, in which the trilogy is completed and all sitting on my self... or Option 3:  The Hollow, a trilogy, I have book one and two, three is out in October. NOW, the smart thing would be to read Wondrous Strange, because I have the whole series already, but no instead I decided to pick up the one that I would have to wait a year for in order to find out what happens next! Then when I'm done with the book, I'm left with this sad, impatient feeling of loneliness. Almost any other book I have would have been a better choice, It was a perfectly wonderful book (which only makes the waiting harder) but of course I will be just turning 22 by the time I can read it...lame. Now I'm in the same situation...I'm staring at my book shelf wondering which one I should read next...It's now between the new Anna Godbersen book about flappers...(that just came out), Wondrous Strange, and The Hollow! I am going to state on Goodreads that I'm reading Wondrous Strange, Hide the other options, grab the book and not put it down until I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment