Friday, October 8, 2010

I Miss You!

Today I got a very rare treat. I got to talk to Courtney for more than 10 minutes and I got to talk to Charisse for more than 30 mins! My two best friends in the world! According to World Bank,the world has 6,697,254,041 people. Of those 6.7 billion odd people, 307,006,550 of them are from the United States...legally. Either way, that is a lot of people. Of those 3.1 million people in this country (legally) Courtney and Charisse are 2 of the 3 people (other than family) that I love more than anything in the world. SO... getting to talk to both of them in one morning is a very rare thing with our hectic collegiate schedules. Court lives about 45 mins from our hometown SO, it's not a super rare thing when she's home, but Charisse doesn't make it home incredibly often and she told me that she is home today. She is going to the Chaska vs. Chanhassen football game tonight, and I just got really REALLY really homesick.



Sometimes I don't even realize how much I miss those two, until I talk to them. Sitting with Charisse and Courtney at a football game in our hometown, at our old high school sounds like the best possible way to spend my Friday night. If i had a car, I promise you the second choir was over I would be in it and on my way home. BUT as I do not have a car, (or money) I am stuck in South Dakota. Chris offered to take me home this weekend already in light of some unfortunate news from my house, BUT I know that he only really asks for me and he doesn't actually want to go to the cities. He is busy and I don't want to contribute to him falling behind on any of his school work. He's already stressed enough as it is. Plus I don't know how much fun he would have at my high school football game with Charisse and Courtney. I know that he likes them, but when the three of us girls get together, we go into crazy speak and it's almost impossible to keep up because we jump around from subject to subject so fast. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to keep up, I just don't think he would enjoy himself very much, I'm sure he would just worry about when he is planning on getting his work done. Which I don't fault him for at all. He does offer to let me take his car too, but then that's just more mileage on his car and less oil. I just wish I had my own car so I could drive myself home and go to the game with my girls without having to inconvenience him.

OK back to CBC, I LOVE that college hasn't changed our relationships. I still talk to Courtney practically everyday and we are still the first to know every important detail of each others lives. I love that! I wouldn't change that for the world. Court is my Soul best friend. hehe. She really is my rock on so many levels. It's good to always have one constant in all walks of life. No matter what I've gone through in the past 6 years really, she's been there. Family issues, Boy issues, School issues, heartbreaks, emotional weaknesses, college, and just the days where I need someone to just sit and read next to me without saying anything. She's been there. I love that Courtney and I still know that no matter what the other person says, we don't judge because we just KNOW. I love that there is NO doubt in our minds as to who is going to be our Maid of Honor in our wedding. I love that our friendship has survived since middle school and only gotten stronger as the days go by.

Then there's Charisse, seriously I was kind of creeped out when I met her. We look nothing alike (we actually are pretty opposite on that) but we are SOOO similar every other way that it's creepy. We love the same books (generally) we have the same life goals, the same values, we both love to sing, act and dance. I think throughout our ENTIRE senior year we only had 1 class that we didn't have together between Yearbook, Choir, Gov't, and Shakespeare. Then there was the musical and cheerleading on top of that. We were inseparable and I really thought that eventually we'd get sick of each other. Nope! Not at all. Of all of my friends, Charisse is hands down most like a sister to me. So alike in someways, but so different in others. It's actually surprising at how many people though we were fraternal twins, or cousins or something. Now that we're in college we obviously don't get to spend as much time together but I love that even when we can't see or talk to each other as often as we'd like, the moment we reconnect it's exactly the same.

I love my best friends, and I miss you both SOO much. I can't wait until we get to have another CBC night!

B

1 comment: