Monday, October 4, 2010

Fin

I finished it...

Now I have to wait until next summer to know what happens next.

The only thing worse than this, is when I actually finish the series. It's a strange feeling, it's satisfying, but sad. Closing the book is literally like closing the last page on that chapter of my life. It's depressing in a way, but where one chapter closes another opens...in this sense, another book opens. Evidently I'm on an angel kick so I've picked up Halo. I have a couple other ones that I really want to read but they either have too similar of a plot or the same character names as Fallen and I don't want to get them confused. One being Ann Brashares My Name is Memory. Now the similarities in these  two stories are uncanny.

Plot:
Fallen: Two star crossed lovers trying to be together through many lives. Book takes place in the current life where something has changed and there is a possibility that the cycle will end.

My name is memory-  Two star crossed lovers trying to be together through many lives. Book takes place in the current life where something has changed and there is a possibility that the cycle will end.

Fallen- Boy remembers all the past lives, Girl doesn't

My Name is Memory- Boy remembers all the past lives, Girl doesn't

Character names:
Fallen- Lucinda (Luce) and Daniel

My Name is Memory- Lucy and Daniel

Now that is just a little too coincidental, don't ya think.I do. Now you can see why i'm hesitant to start My Name is Memory, when I've already read Fallen. They do have some big differences too though, Fallen deals with Fallen angels while I assume that the other does not. Tonight I am looking forward to sitting on the couch cuddled up in a blanket, watching the 31 days of Halloween on abc and doing my French homework.

Bon Nuit Tout Le Monde!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment