Friday, June 25, 2010

Sitting at work again...this time on a Saturday. Chris is coming today. :) I'm excited! I really have no idea what we are going to do all weekend, it is supposed to be gross out. Work has been so stressful lately. I came back to work last night to get my nails done before Chris came today and all of a sudden rumors were flying around about people getting fired, and then there was a meeting with Christin and Addy that ended in Addy walking out of the salon for a walk in tears. Shortly after that Christin left for a seminar this weekend. Then today Addy is still super upset and asked me for a list of all of her clients. (If you don't work in the business i'll tell you that that is a HUGE no no for receptionists to allow) I told her that I didn't know how, I felt bad for lying but I wasn't going to risk my job so that she can have her clients, if she wants a list she can forumlate one herself and I won't get in trouble. Anyway, after I spoke with Addy I changed the security settings for the regular receptionists so there is a security barrier that won't allow them to print off a list of clients by employee. I just thought that this was the best way to protect everyone at the desk. If they can't print  a sheet of clients because of security then maybe people will stop asking. It has just been a really stressful environment lately, everyone is really stressed and I'm trying not to let it affect me but sometimes its hard to be positive when you're surrounded by negativity.

On the much brighter side, I've seemed to have much more time to read this summer than i expected. I've been flying through books lately which is great. I need my books! They keep me sane. Especially last night, my dad was going nuts! He screamed at me for 20 minutes because my mom did 2 dishes (I washed all the dishes and then she found two cups and so she just washed them quickly and then i got yelled at because he walked in and she was doing dishes) He didn't even ask me to do the dishes, I just did them, but do I get a good job, a pat on the back, a way to go daughter...nope I get yelled at for 20 minutes for missing 2. I just wish I could record him sometime and just play back how he acts, let him see how stupid and unsensitive he makes himself look. It's really sad. It's sad that my sister can't have a German exchange student, it's sad that my mom cant bring him to her high school reunion, just because we don't know how my dad will act and we don't want to subject other people to him. Well, I started this paragraph with on the bright side and then went into more depressing, sad things. SO...

On the Bright Side! Chris is coming today! I'm so excited He should probably be in Worthington by now, if he actually left at noon. Tonight I think we are going to go out to eat and then I was thinking about taking him to comedy sportz in Uptown. Or going and seeing a late movie or something. I'm just happy that he's coming. It's like a vacation but at home, with the person that I love. :) When he's here I have everything that I want. It's hard in Vermillion sometimes because I"m really not completly myself, I'm still not in my comfort zone. Here I have everything that I've ever known, I'm just more me I suppose. So that's why I love it so much when Chris comes to Minneapolis. I get to share it with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment